Re: Arpeggio next to a chord

From: Miklos Vajna
Subject: Re: Arpeggio next to a chord
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 00:54:06 +0100

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:30:11AM +0100, "James E. Bailey" <address@hidden>
wrote:
> The problem with this workaround is that the arpeggio is simply a
> markup attached to the note, rather than being a part of the chord
> name, which is a markup. Perhaps really thorough reading of 2.7.2
> displaying chords -> chord name exceptions will lead you to figure
> out how to get it to work. I've really only used chordmode once, and
> I never felt like I understood what I was engraving.

Great, that worked. This is still a workaround, but given that I don't
want to use the major 7 (at least for now) for its original purpose, I
can just say to overwrite it with arpeggioGuitar then I get what I
wished. For the reference, below is the the current version.

Thanks! :)

----

\version "2.12.1"
\paper {
        ragged-right = ##t
}

% override removes vertical space between lines
arpeggioGuitar = \markup \override #'(baseline-skip . -2 ) {
        \musicglyph #"space"
        \center-column {
                \center-column {
                        \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio"
                        \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio"
                        \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio"
                }
                \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio.arrow.M1"

\score {
        <<
        \chords {
                \germanChords
                \set majorSevenSymbol = \arpeggioGuitar
                e2:m b:m e1:m7+ e2:m e:m b:m b:m e:m e:m
        }
        {
                \clef "G_8"
                \key g \major
                \time 4/4
                \teeny e'4 <g' b'>4 b4 <d' fis' a'>4 | <e' g' b'>4 r4 r4
\normalsize b4 |
                b8 b4. e'4 e'8 e'8 | a4 a8 d'4. r8 b8 | b8 b8 b8 b8 b8 a8 g8 g8

        }

        \midi{}
        % avoid the indent in the first line
        \layout{indent = 0\cm}