Re: Copyright symbol SOLVED

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Copyright symbol SOLVED
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:42:55 -0500

On Sunday 11 January 2009, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
> There appears to be no way of inserting a copyright © symbol in
> lilypond 1.12.1. U+xxx, ©, © and © don't work.

Thank you so much for your answers. It was the editor, nedit. Emacs
saves old files with the old encoding regardless of a new setting, so
saving with it did not help. No doubt someone likes that feature, but I
had no joy until I tried kedit, which refused to display the symbol at
all until set for utf-8.

This could never have happened if the symbol were present in any
header example or template. Every copyright notice should have
the symbol, because without it it's not a copyright notice.
"Public Domain" is not a copyright notice, and it is altogether
unnecessary for any purpose.

The symbol from the default typeface looks great. Many other faces
have symbols which are too small. Thanks again, daveA

--
Free download of technical exercises worth a lifetime of practice:
http://www.openguitar.com/dynamic.html :::: You can play the cards