Re: Artificial harmonics with sounding pitch in parenthesis

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Artificial harmonics with sounding pitch in parenthesis
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:21:08 -0600

Tom Hall wrote:
Thanks Jon

that was really helpful. From your post and lily docs, I've cobbled together the
following below, which seems to work OK, aiming to use a global variable to save
some space.
A question about this: is there a way to move the parenthesisation
(\parenthesize) to within the global variable harmonicPitch, similary to how the
small notehead is there specified, rather than having to specify both
\harmonicPitch and \parenthesize in the body of the temporary voice?

This sounds like a job for scheme, but I don't have the skills to create it. I thought it might be possible to use the scheme hack in the LSR that allows you to apply one articulation to all of the notes inside a pair of braces, but it didn't work. Other experiments I've tried in the last 15 minutes have all failed. Sorry :( Maybe someone else interested in this will create something. Best,

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com