Re: Copyright symbol

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Copyright symbol
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:50:08 -0500

On Sunday 11 January 2009, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 08:12:41PM -0800, Mark Polesky wrote:
> >
> > Strange that the usual method fails. This is a less
> > elegant solution, but it should work. Patrick, it
> > doesn't work for me either, and I've saved as UTF-8.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> > - Mark

> > \version "2.12.1"
> >
> > copy =
> > \markup {
> >   %% 00A9 = COPYRIGHT SIGN
> >   #(ly:export (format "~a" (ly:wide-char->utf-8 #x00A9)))
> > }
> >
> > \header {
> >   title = "Stock Arrangement"
> >   copyright = \markup { \copy "2009 An Author" }
> > }
> >
> > { c'' }
>
> That's interesting.  I don't know enough about UTF-8 to pinpoint the
> problem, but I've attached the LY file that works for me.  Does this
> file still give the same error messages?
>
> -Patrick

Thanks a lot for that. It goes in my help files. I don't mind getting
back \sharp and \flat either.

Mark, were you using emacs by any chance? You can check utf-8 all you
want, but it will only save /new/ files that way. It won't change
previous encoding. There is probably a method, but it's only a problem
with someone else's files if he's been using the wrong text editor.
Regards, daveA

--
Free download of technical exercises worth a lifetime of practice:
http://www.openguitar.com/dynamic.html :::: You can play the cards