Re: stem length plus beam

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: stem length plus beam
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:17:42 -0600

Herman wrote:
Hi,

I want to change the length of a stem. I know how to do it but not when multiple
notes are beamed together, e.g. 4 16th notes. SO how can I change the stem
length for notes that are beamed?

What I like to do in this situation is use a function "slant" that adjusts the stems using a pair of numbers. Just fiddle with the numbers until you get what you want. Here's a minimal example:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.12.1-1"

slant =
#(define-music-function (parser location positionA positionB) (number? number?)
  #{
    \once \override Beam #'positions = #(cons $positionA $positionB )
  #})

\relative c'' {
  c8 d e f
  \slant #-3 #-4