Re: override minumum and maximum barlength

From: Rob Canning
Subject: Re: override minumum and maximum barlength
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:09:43 +0000

i am still working on a piece using proprtional notation - i now have it looking the way i want except for the minimum barlength being too short

- i would like it so even 16th notes are given plenty of space and all greater values are relative and proportional to that.

not sure how to achive this but i think maybe my answer is here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/SpacingSpanner#SpacingSpanner

though i'm not sure how to implement what i find there.

this is what i have atm:

%%% proportional  note spacing
\override SpacingSpanner #'uniform-stretching = ##t
\set Score.proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 24)

i'm not sure if this code is making much difference
ok so i have tried some more and still i cant see any effect
i have now added

%%% proportional  note spacing

\override SpacingSpanner #' springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
\override SpacingSpanner #'uniform-stretching = ##t
\override SpacingSpanner #'shortest-duration-space = #14.4
%\set Score.proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 24)//////

having seen this in define-grobs.scm

   (SpacingSpanner
  . (
       (springs-and-rods . ,ly:spacing-spanner::set-springs)
(common-shortest-duration . ,ly:spacing-spanner::calc-common-shortest-duration)
       (average-spacing-wishes . #t)
       (shortest-duration-space . 2.0)
       (spacing-increment . 1.2)

       (base-shortest-duration . ,(ly:make-moment 3 16))
       (meta . ((class . Spanner)
                (interfaces . (spacing-options-interface
                               spacing-spanner-interface))))))

however i cant seem to make my code to work :(
am i barking up the right tree at least?

cheers

rob
hi,
i have this working now - i turned \cadenzaOn - and now barlength is not relevant just spaceing which now seems to be working with
\set Score.proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 64)
\override Score.SpacingSpanner #'strict-note-spacing = ##t figuring our how to set minimum maximum barlengths might be usefull for future reference though?
maybe this is not how lilypond deals with spacing though...

rob