Re: Ubuntu can't find lilypond executable

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: Ubuntu can't find lilypond executable
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:46:44 +0100

Graham Breed wrote:
Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:
I'm not sure this says that the given file wasn't found. I think it says that the given file was executed and returned the error "not found".
Hm. That can be true - as there is a problem with running lilypond-book:

/usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond-book
bash: /usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond-book: */home/lilydev/vc/gub/target/*tools/root/usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

It perhaps is related.

What's this "lilydev"? Is that you? It looks like you're getting the version you installed mixed up with a development copy you have.

Note: the executable file you run is a shell script. Look at it and it'll tell you the library path it's using.

                   Graham

No, it's not me. The lilypond-book script contains this as the first line:

#!/home/lilydev/vc/gub/target/tools/root/usr/bin/python

Bert