Re: Ubuntu can't find lilypond executable

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Ubuntu can't find lilypond executable
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:16:01 +0100

Op maandag 19-01-2009 om 18:55 uur [tijdzone +0800], schreef Graham
Breed:

> That's weird.  I see this in
> ~/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond-book as well.  But lilypond-book
> works for me.  The binary is ~/bin/lilypond-book and that
> overrides the Python version.

lilydev is Han-Wen.  You're not supposed to run

    PREFIX/lilypond/bin/lilypond

directly, so having a nonexistent python location after the #! should
not be a problem (though I think this has been fixed in gub3).

The idea is to run

    PREFIX/bin/lilypond (or PREFIX/bin/lilypond-book)

which wrap the raw executables, taking care of LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and/or python/guile interpreter locations.

You state that /usr/local/bin/lilypond-book is being installed,
can you figure out why that's not being run by default?

Jan.