Re: Chord notation in files output by Rosegarden

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: Chord notation in files output by Rosegarden
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:59:29 -0500

On the question of "No Chord," it's common in modern sheets to indicate when harmony instruments are silent with the use of "N.C." in the harmonic progression. In LilyPond, this is probably best done with a spacer rest and a ^\markup. Aligning it vertically with the chord symbols would be the challenge there. Has anyone on the list defined "N.C." as a custom chord symbol using Scheme? If so, it should go in the snippets.

Dave