Re: nano ^R problem

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: nano ^R problem
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:13:31 +0100

M-f toggles between reading the file into a new buffer, or inserting it at that point in the current one.
Am 20.01.2009 um 19:44 schrieb Martin Tarenskeen:

I was experimenting editing a small Lilypond score using the nano
editor. That's why I'm asking this slighly-off-topic-question here :-)

^R (control+r) or F5 is supposed to read an external file into the
current text. But instead it opens a new buffer with the selected file, which is not what I want. I have tried nano 2.0.6 and 2.0.9 on Fedora 10
with the same result.

Can anyone help me, or is this a bug I should report somewhere ?

--

Martin Tarenskeen