Re: tuplet bracket required, override doesn't work?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: tuplet bracket required, override doesn't work?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:19:02 +0100

Jonathan Kulp wrote:

I suspect it's because the r8 e4 example is too narrow. It is the
narrowest of all these examples, so there is probably not enough room
for the tuplet bracket. I'd suggest that the best solution in this case
would be to widen the tuplet bracket rather than suppressing it.

Joe

I think you're right, Joe. Kieren's suggestion on the other thread "spacer notes question" helps here, too. Adding a little X extent fixes the problem:

\times 2/3{ r8 \once \override Stem #'X-extent = #'(-1 . 2) e4 }

A cleaner solution is to directly specify the minimum length
of the tuplet brackets, which prevents them from getting so
short that they are not printed:
\override TupletBracket #'springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
\override TupletBracket #'minimum-length = #3

  /Mats

Thanks!

Jon

        Mats Bengtsson