Re: Lilypond mini-IDE

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Lilypond mini-IDE
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 06:21:24 -0600

James E. Bailey wrote:

Am 22.01.2009 um 13:01 schrieb Jonathan Kulp:

Johan Vromans wrote:
Francisco Vila <address@hidden> writes:
It looks _very_ interesting and I'll try it as soon as I can.
I look forward to your feedback.
Maybe the IDE could trigger the printing on M-x something by issuing
the lpr command. Sounds feasible?
Sorry, this IDE is *very* mini...
-- Johan

I like this! I'm not normally an emacs user but I know the very basic keybindings. I tried the script and it works very well.

BTW in your first email you said to start the server with "start-server," which didn't work, but thankfully your script's error echo message said "server-start." That worked. This is a really nice tool. Thanks for sharing :)

Okay, I'll ask. I occasionally use emacs for my lilypond scores, and what's the difference between this and the emacs mode? Is it just easier point and click support?

I'm not sure what emacs mode does, although I thought it had nice syntax coloring. When I open the .ly file now on 2.12.1 there's no syntax coloring. Does emacs lilypond mode have the constantly-updated preview feature? To me this is the nice feature of the lilyide scripts. I've never used point-and-click before.

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com