Re: Markup from HTML

From: Gilles Sadowski
Subject: Re: Markup from HTML
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:11:18 +0100

Hello.

>> does anyone of you have a script or a way to convert from (simple)
>> html to markup like this:

>> To get:
>>
>> \markup { "This is a " \concat { "me" \bold \italic "lis" "ma." } }
>>

> sed would do the job, but I'm too hazy on it to offer a solution.

Depending on how complex the input may be, XSL might be a more powerful
approach (but it takes quite some effort to get used to it!).
Here attached is an XSL script that can serve as a starting point.

Used as
 $ xsltproc htm2txt.xsl in.htm

You'll get
 \markup { \concat { "This is a me"\bold { \concat { \italic { \concat { "lis"

[I couldn't test the output as I don't have a \concat in \version 2.10.]

Best,
Gilles

This is a melisma.