Re: Lilypond mini-IDE

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Lilypond mini-IDE
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:32:45 +0100

Johan, I have successfully run the miniIDE.

2009/1/23 Johan Vromans <address@hidden>:
> Probably it is easiest to do this with gconftool-2, from the command
> line:
>
>  $ gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/textedit/command -t  string XXX
>
> where XXX is the location of your texedit handler. After having done
> this, you can use the GUI configuration editor to change this.

This works, but then what about the supplied file? I cannot understand
what is the relation between the file and the gconf-editor status,
because the file seems to change in an asynchronous way with the
contents of the GUI. If I copy the file, the GUI editor does not
reflect the change.

>> This is not necessary at least with latest evince on Ubuntu 8.10, as
>> it refreshes the view automatically if the document changes.
>
> Interesting. My evince doesn't do this (yet?).

mine is 2.24.1

PnC works, but not always. Very frequently evince ignores my clicks. I
have found that it is more probable for it to work when the emacs
window is the top window. With evince as top window it uses to ignore
me.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org