Re: Lilypond mini-IDE

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Lilypond mini-IDE
Date: 23 Jan 2009 14:59:44 +0100

Francisco Vila <address@hidden> writes:

> This works, but then what about the supplied file? I cannot
> understand what is the relation between the file and the
> gconf-editor status, because the file seems to change in an
> asynchronous way with the contents of the GUI. If I copy the file,
> the GUI editor does not reflect the change.

You may forget about the file. The gconftool approach is much easier.
It will create the node and file for you (I hope you didn't mess it up
by trying to copy the file after creating it with gconftool).

> PnC works, but not always. Very frequently evince ignores my clicks.
> I have found that it is more probable for it to work when the emacs
> window is the top window. With evince as top window it uses to
> ignore me.

Strange, as I'd expect the opposite behaviour.

Anyway, I hope you find it useful to be able to click on the PDF to
get to the right note in the ly source. I value it much!

Thanks for your feedback.

-- Johan