Re: Lyrics - align first wowel of a syllable under the notehead

From: Jiri Zurek (Prague)
Subject: Re: Lyrics - align first wowel of a syllable under the notehead
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 05:29:30 -0800 (PST)

I am waiting for "several days" as suggested by mailing rules but no one
seems to answer my question. I still did not find the way how to align the
lyrics so that it is nor left- or center- or right-aligned, but aligned in a
special way, that the first vowel of a syllable is printed ("centered")
under the notehead. Hence, if the syllable starts with a vowel, then it will
look as left-centered, if the vowel is in the middle of the syllable, then
it will look as centered, and if the syllable ends with a vowel, then it
will look as right-centered.
Maybe there is some function for this already present, but I did not find it
in the documentation. Please, help. If it is not written yet, I am willing
to sponsor this special feature, but in that case I would also need a way
how to tell to this function, which letters are vowels for me - in my
language (Czech) there are some special cases that not only a,e,i,o,u,y are
considered to be vowels, but also these letters with diacritics like
á,é,ě,í,ó,ů,ú,ý. All these are vowels which should be centered under the
notehead if being the first vowel of the syllable. And moreover, if there is
no vowel in the syllable, then some other letters, as l,r may be considered
as vowels instead.

Thank you.