Re: Lyrics - align first wowel of a syllable under the notehead

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lyrics - align first wowel of a syllable under the notehead
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:24:29 -0700

On 1/26/09 5:16 AM, "Jiri Zurek (Prague)" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am waiting for "several days" as suggested by mailing rules but no one
> seems to answer my question. I still did not find the way how to align the
> lyrics so that it is nor left- or center- or right-aligned, but aligned in a
> special way, that the first vowel of a syllable is printed ("centered")
> under the notehead. Hence, if the syllable starts with a vowel, then it will
> look as left-centered, if the vowel is in the middle of the syllable, then
> it will look as centered, and if the syllable ends with a vowel, then it
> will look as right-centered.

As far as I know, LilyPond has two choices for lyric alignment.  If you do
not use associatedVoice or lyricsto, the lyrics will be left-aligned on the
note.  If you do use associatedVoice or lyricsto, the lyric syllable will be
centered on the note.

I did not answer earlier, because I thought somebody else might have a
better answer.

I suggest you send this to lilypond-bug as an enhancement request, with a
bounty attached.  Perhaps somebody will make this change.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer,

Carl