Problem setting fingering direction, again

From: Kim Shrier
Subject: Problem setting fingering direction, again
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 00:40:23 -0700

Sorry for the incomplete post I just sent.  To recap:

I am having some difficulty getting fingering numbers to show up to
the left of the notes that they belong to if I have 2 voices on a
staff.  I figured out how to do it if I have only one voice on a
staff:

\version "2.12.1"

\paper{
 indent=0\in
 line-width=6\in
 oddFooterMarkup=##f
 oddHeaderMarkup=##f
 bookTitleMarkup = ##f
 scoreTitleMarkup = ##f
}

\score {
 \new Staff <<
   \new Voice = "melody" {
     \relative c' {
       \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)
       <e-3 a-5>4

TIFF image

This produces the correct results with the fingerings on the left
of the chord.  However, I want 2 voices on the staff with one note
in each voice.  I have tried the following with bad results:

\version "2.12.1"

\paper{
  indent=0\in
  line-width=6\in
  oddFooterMarkup=##f
  oddHeaderMarkup=##f
  bookTitleMarkup = ##f
  scoreTitleMarkup = ##f
}

\score {
  \new Staff <<
    \new Voice = "melodyOne" {
      \voiceOne
      \relative c' {
        \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)
        a'4-5
    \new Voice = "melodyTwo" {
      \voiceTwo
      \relative c' {
        \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)
        e4-3

TIFF image

I have tried many variations on the above theme and none of them
give me the results I am looking for.  Any suggestions?

Kim