Re: tenuto/tie collision

From: Eric Flesher
Subject: Re: tenuto/tie collision
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:24:50 +0000 (UTC)

Jonathan Kulp <jonlancekulp <at> gmail.com> writes:

> You might try the tweaks covered in Learning Manual 4.5.3 "Real Music
> Example," which has an instance of a tie that needs to be raised to
> avoid collision with something.

Right, but this is precisely the point: I'll be making dozens of such
adjustments, when IMO such collisions should be avoidable by default, if not by
design. This is why I'm wondering if there isn't a way to globally ensure the
positioning of ties _between_ (as opposed to above) noteheads; there would
likely then be the problem of the left ends of ties colliding (or at least
interfering) with augmentation dots, but there are likely to be fewer such
instances.

Cheers,
EF