Re: Ly to SVG

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: Ly to SVG
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 07:03:29 -0500

Coincidentally, I fooled around with this for the first time last night. The problems I encountered specifically:

  1. lilypond -dbackend=svg results in an incomplete svg rendering.
     When I open the file in Inkscape, everything is there except the
     staff lines (from a minimal trial with only a single staff and
     some notes--no editorial marks or text were attempted)
  2. lilypond -fsvg doesn't work at all like it is suggested it will in
     the Program Usage. By comparison, lilypond -fpng works flawlessly.

I'll be watching this thread. If anyone wants me to try/test things to verify/duplicate results, I'll be happy to do that.

Dave

Vivian Barty-Taylor wrote:
I got this to work with:

lilypond -dbackend=svg filename.ly

However, the output is currently considerably buggier than 2.10.33 and the sed -Ef fix which was posted on this list a while ago doesn't work. I'll investigate if I can improve the solution as I use SVG output quite a lot.

Cheers,
Vivian.

Op Jan 25, 2009, om 12:03 PM heeft M Watts het volgende geschreven:

Givaldo de Cidra wrote:
Hi,.

In version 2.10 I used the command line - convert ly to svg:

$ lilypond -b svg file.ly

But with the new version 2.12 I couldn't to convert.

Someone can help me?

Change the -b to -f.