Re: Why a \score inside \markup doesn't allow breaks?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Why a \score inside \markup doesn't allow breaks?
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:30:20 -0500

Hi Risto:

Yeah. That's probably the original intention. However, I had to write
a two page song (luckily no longer than that), which had a column of
text (lyrics) on the left side and the music on the right side. It was
quite a PITA to split the music into several \score blocks. :-(

That made me wonder if there had been an easier way.

When I had that same issue (in a recent play-with-music I wrote), I simply set the line-width to half a page, and used \markup for the text/lyrics. You can hang the \markup off anything you want — I used the InstrumentName of an un-named StaffGroup.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.