Re: Persian accidentals

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: Persian accidentals
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:56:06 +1000

Kees van den Doel wrote:
Is there any way to print the koron (60cents flat) and sori (40 cent sharp)?
I've defined these pitch alterations by modifying makam.ly but they should
really
be printed according to the Persian notation.

koron = upside down flat, with a triangular body like |>
sori = like sharp but with the two horizontal lines angled to form a '>' sign.

Any suggestions appreciated, I'm prepared to do some hacking if required.

Maybe design a custom glyph in Inkscape, save as a postscript, then connect it to the results of your hacking so far.

There are a few threads about this type of thing, such as the one starting here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-02/msg00510.html

The file ly/arabic.ly might help too, which arose from users with similar needs to yours.