Breathe signs too narrow (slim) compared to barlines

From: Jiri Zurek (Prague)
Subject: Breathe signs too narrow (slim) compared to barlines
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 00:46:51 -0800 (PST)

Although I can control the thickness of barlines in lilypond, I did not find
the same property in breath signs which are used in old chant instead of
barlines (divisio minor, maior, maxima, finalis) - these are defined in the
gregorian.ly which is included in the lilypond distribution, but when I use
them in conjunction with normal barlines (what I have to do), I would be
happy that these breath signs are also a bit thicker to be similar to
barlines - I love the thickness of barlines and therefore I do not want to
make them slimmer to match the thickness of both items to be the same.
How can I controll the thickness of the breath sings, please?

%The example here shows the thickness of barlines and breathsings side by
side

\version "2.12.2"

\paper{
  ragged-right=##t
  indent=0\cm
}

\include "gregorian.ly"

\score {
    \new Voice = "cantus" {
      \clef "G_8"
      a4 \divisioMinima
      g \virgula
      c \divisioMaior
      d \bar "|"
      g \divisioMaxima
      d \bar "||"
      e \finalis

%end of musical example

Another problem is that the 'extra-X-extent property of breath signs does
not seem to work as the breath signs (and barlines after all too) appear too
close to the note which is on the left of them even though there is a
special 'extra-X-extent applied in the gregorian.ly definition. It seems
that the property is ignored by lilypond in this case. Is it a bug?

http://www.nabble.com/file/p21761121/div2.png