Re: \crescTextCresc... 2.10 vs 2.12

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: \crescTextCresc... 2.10 vs 2.12
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 20:11:11 -0000

Frédéric

You are quite right.

I think what was finally done in 2.11 and 2.12 was to make \crescTextCresc set crescencii persistently to text and \cresc do a once-only text crescendo. There is a similar symmetry between

dimTextDim (persists) and \dim (once only)

but not between

\dimTextDecresc  and \decresc
\dimTextDecr  and \decr

because \decr is a synonym for \> and \decresc seems not to have been implemented. This seems a pity, as the symmetry is broken. Perhaps this should be corrected in 2.13.

The docs for 2.12 don't mention \cresc or \dim. This could (should) be fixed now.

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frédéric Bron" <address@hidden>