Re: phrasing slur continued through a repeat?

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: phrasing slur continued through a repeat?
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 10:09:23 +0100

Am 02.02.2009 um 09:56 schrieb Simon Bailey:

hi,

On Feb 2, 2009, at 9:52 AM, James E. Bailey wrote:
given how well it works, defining a variable like PhrasingAdjustment = {s1*32 \grace s8 } and then just including that in all parts doesn't seem to be too much of a hassle. And wouldn't really wreak havoc.

wreak havoc may have been an exaggeration. sorry. :) i just remember being frustrated by something similar a year or two ago in a large score. can't remember how i fixed it, but it may have been with a variable like your suggestion. as a matter of interest, why the s1*32?

there's music before repeat, this would place the grace where it would need to be. Of course, you'd have to adjust spacer rests accordingly

and the other question, could this be put in a global context containing say tempo and rehearsal marks which is included into all parts?

Yes, that's exactly the idea, except I try to separate out those things into their own variable. So, I'll have one for key signature changes, one for time signature changes, one for rehearsal marks, and one for a grace note adjustment.