Re: Persian musical koron and sori

From: Graham Breed
Subject: Re: Persian musical koron and sori
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 10:33:19 +0800

Behnam Rassi wrote:

What I'm not clear about is that you don't need just a font containing two glyphs for Sori and Koron right? You need a font containing all necessary glyphs for music writing, including Sori and Koron. So I have to add them to an existing font. Did I understand it correctly? I don't think I will be able to design ALL of them. I'll be able to design Sori and Koron (and Tahrir and whatever else I found consistently used) in visual harmony with other existing notations.

No. You should be able to set the font for a given glyph. I forget if that works, but you can certainly set the font for the Accidental object and whatever other objects you want to draw the symbols. In that case you'll need all the glyphs you want as accidentals (including naturals and maybe parentheses) in your font. Which is generally a good thing because you can distribute it as a "Persian music font" that can work with different applications.

If you add your glyphs to Lilypond's fonts, OTOH, you'll naturally have all the other glyphs in there as well.

                          Graham