Re: Persian musical koron and sori

From: Behnam Rassi
Subject: Re: Persian musical koron and sori
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 19:47:55 -0500

Yes of-course send me any relevant picture of Persian music notation. I'm currently in the phase of collecting information as much as possible. I also need to study more about the specifics of font making for LilyPond. I did not have time yet to delve in this issue. But I'm pretty much confident it's a no brainer. What I'm not clear about is that you don't need just a font containing two glyphs for Sori and Koron right? You need a font containing all necessary glyphs for music writing, including Sori and Koron. So I have to add them to an existing font. Did I understand it correctly? I don't think I will be able to design ALL of them. I'll be able to design Sori and Koron (and Tahrir and whatever else I found consistently used) in visual harmony with other existing notations.

I will get back to you when I collected the information I need. I did not have time to study the font part yet. I will get back to you when I have a clearer idea about the whole issue.

Behnam