Re: Good luck, Valentin

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Good luck, Valentin
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:03:32 -0500

Hi David,

The pdf file is 6.65 Mb!

I'd probably be more impressed if I were not working in the company
responsible for the PDFTeX bug reports concerning output files of more
than 2GB size.

The impressive part is not the absolute size of the PDF file — as you note, there are many larger PDFs out there — but the size of the *LILYPOND-GENERATED* PDF.

As a comparison, the full score of my multidisciplinary work "Just Out of Reach" (six musicians and three actors, ~ 1hr) was less than 1MB. =)

Cheers,
Kieren.