Forcing a natural accidental at the start of a bar/measure

From: Padmavyuha
Subject: Forcing a natural accidental at the start of a bar/measure
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:14:02 +0000

Hello there

I've just begun using Lilypond (v2.12.2-1) on my mac (and wading through the manual!).

The first problem I've encountered is with accidentals. In an SATB 4- staff score, I've got the following two bars in a staff (in 4/4, scale set to D major):

ef2. ef4
e2 d8 cs b a

but no matter what I do with extraNatural, accidentalStyle etc. settings, I can't get the E natural in the 2nd bar to show a natural accidental, which it really needs to do.

How can I force this accidental?

Any help appreciated!

- Padmavyuha