Re: Mac OSX Leopard and midi

From: Padmavyuha
Subject: Re: Mac OSX Leopard and midi
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 14:55:15 +0000

On 5 Feb 2009, at 14:38, Graham Percival wrote:

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 02:21:05PM +0000, Padmavyuha wrote:

Update: If I insert a \midi {} command in my .ly file, the midi file
gets generated but lilypond stops at the error message after that and
the .ps/.pdf files never get generated.

Do you have a \layout{} as well?

Apart from that, I recommend running lilypond from the OSX
terminal as a test.  You mentioned you were running it inside some
other program; perhaps that other program is broken.  Let's see if
lilypond itself works; if it does, then we know the problem is the
other program.

I'll be damned - I put in the \layout {} command to solve another problem I'd been having, and it seems you need both for everything to work properly. So now I've got midi, pdf and ps, and proper layout too. I still get this mystery file error at the end of the process, though, but who cares? :)

Thanks very much for your help - I've been too caught up in getting the music and lyrics working, and getting my brain around the meta- code at the same time was too much.

- Padmavyuha