Re: Chord Naming

From: Momo (Paul Rode)
Subject: Re: Chord Naming
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 04:14:36 +0100

Hi Carl,

sorry for the late reply...

I'm still a bit of a Lilypond newbie and therefore
do not completely understand what you intend to do.

It does, however, even to me sound like it's got
something to do with how a chord designation
looks like in the end. Right? If so: I know a
couple of people who would jump for joy if they
could make Lilypond print minor chords as plain
lowercase letters with no "m" attached to them
(e.g. "d" instead of "Dm" for a d minor chord)
as that is the convention generally used in
German song books. I think a respective feature
request exists, too (but I do realize that the
issue probably only concerns a very small fraction
of Lilypond users...).

So if what you do would or could by any chance solve
that issue as well or serve as a workaround me and a
bunch of people here in Germany would be very happy...

Anyway, thanks for putting so much time and effort
in continuously (damn, did I spell that correctly?)
improving Lilypond!

Best wishes,

Paul.