Re: "ignoring between-system-padding"

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: "ignoring between-system-padding"
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 13:22:43 -0800

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 11:11 PM, M Watts <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tom Hall wrote:
>>
>> Hello List
>>
>> I have a generous between-system-padding = #6 for my score, but this gets
>> overriden when the pdf is created, with the following message:
>>
>> warning: Can't fit systems on page -- ignoring between-system-padding
>>
>> Is there a way to maintain the system padding I want, at the expense of
>> how many
>> pages are required?
>
> 6 what?  I think you have to specify the measurment, like
> between-system-padding = #6\in

This results in a compile error.  You can either set these variables
by using a scaling factor (between-system-padding = #6) or units
(between-system-padding = 6\in).

With Tom's setting, `between-system-padding = #6', the #6 is
equivalent to 6\mm, which is 2 millimeters more than the default
setting.

Tom, with regard to your question, I would suggest looking through
Notation Reference 4.1.2.  This section provides a comprehensive list
of variables that can be set.

-Patrick