Re: parenthesize a fermata

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: parenthesize a fermata
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:07:51 +0100

El 09.02.2009, a las 16:54, Kieren MacMillan escribió:

Hi James,

Is it possible to parenthesize a fermata? Trying \parenthesize \fermata doesn't work for me.

c-\parenthesize \fermata

Works fine for me…
Kieren.
Wow, this could be better explained in the documentation. In the section on parenthesis, only one example uses the leading -, and it's not made clear that it's necessary. I don't know if it's just for articulations, but simply adding:

For articulations, a hyphen is needed before the \parenthesis.
c2-\parenthesize -.