Re: yet another chord question

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: yet another chord question
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 23:32:45 +0100

El 09.02.2009, a las 23:16, Brett Duncan escribió:

James E. Bailey wrote:
I'd like to have a chord that is C-10. I have
myChordDefinitions = {
   <c e g b dis>-\markup \super {-10}
}
And then, of course the requisite
myChordExceptions = #(append
   (sequential-music-to-chord-exceptions myChordDefinitions #t)
   ignatzekExceptions)
myChordInit = {
   \set chordNameExceptions = #myChordExceptions
}
I have my very simple input file of
Chord = \chords { \myChordInit c:9+ }
music = { c'2 }
\score {
   <<
      \Chord
      \music

}
So why is the output not changed? The chord name chart shows me that <c e g b dis> is a #9 chord. What I see is the default output of a #9 chord.

Because c:9+ would be the chord <c e g bes dis> rather than <c e g b dis>, so it doesn't match your chord definition.

Brett