Re: text in staves

From: Brett Duncan
Subject: Re: text in staves
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:10:51 +1100

Nikolay Kirov wrote:
Hello!

Is there a way to insert a character or a string into staves? I would
like to write big parenthesis centered at vertical center of staves.

I hope this is possible but I cannot find any advice in the documentation.

Nikolay

I've done this by using:

\once \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -4) s1^\markup{ \large "(" }

The text is markup attached to an invisible rest - the override forces it back down into the staff.

You may need to fiddle with the values in the override to get it positioned exactly where you want it.

HTH

Brett