Re: Does anybody know if we can find a proper SVG vi ewer for lilypond g

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Does anybody know if we can find a proper SVG vi ewer for lilypond gennerated svg file?‏
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:46:31 -0800

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM, bai jianhua <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lilypond users & Developers,
> When I'm trying to view the svg backend output of lilypond, I got trouble to
> find a proper viewer. I tried Batik, Opera, Inkscape, Adobe svg viewer, chrome
> (from google), and some viewer shipped with KDE and Gnome, but seems none of
> them works properly. Seems this was caused by we are using svg 1.2 standard?
>
> If I extract only the content within 1 page, I can view that by Chrome. And,
> In KDE 4.1's Dophin preview panel, I can preview the 1.2 content, but I didn't
> find a proper viewer to view that correctly within KDE.
>
> Here is the svg viewer Matrix, Does anybody know if we have a viewer can open
> the lilypond generated svg accurately?
>
> http://wiki.svg.org/Viewer_Matrix

Thanks for the link!

AFAIK, Inkscape renders LilyPond's SVG output the best.

Here are some workarounds that might help achieve better output.
Also, if an SVG viewer does not support SVG fonts, there is no chance
for the file to render correctly.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-02/msg00077.html
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=334

BTW, I am currently working on improving LilyPond's SVG output, but I
haven't mentioned this publicly because I don't have a patch yet.  :-)

-Patrick