Re: TAB question

From: Grammostola Rosea
Subject: Re: TAB question
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:52:18 +0100

David Stocker wrote:
I think I just need to take initiative with this. I've been thinking about it for a while and what I'll do is in my spare time (what's that?) I'll catalog some 'missing features' that would lead to better tablature support and include visual examples from published music. We can circulate it around on the list and everyone can add to it. Then, the 'fretted strings' crowd can build a consensus on prioritization. That way, there's a list of proposed features that contributers can consult if they wish.

Can you prod me every so often so I don't get absorbed in work/life and leave this on the shelf for too long? Just a simple 'how's the list coming?' if I don't post anything for a few weeks.

Any progress here? David?

When I use a template in Frescobaldi for electric bass it doesn't seems to work, I get a error message, see below. Besides that, the tablature is placed above the notation by default which is not how it should be imho. Also the tablature has beams, which is odd for tablature...

Regards,

\r

global = {
 \key c \major
 \time 4/4
}

electricBass = \relative c {
 \global
 % Muziek volgt hier.
  e,4\4 g\4 a\3 d8\3 c\3 e2\4
}

\score {
 \new StaffGroup \with {
   \consists "Instrument_name_engraver"
   instrumentName = "Electrische bas"
 } <<
   \new TabStaff \electricBass
   \new Staff \with {
     midiInstrument = "electric bass (finger)"
   } { \clef bass \electricBass }

 \layout { }
 \midi {
   \context {
     \Score
     tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 100 4)