Re: Problem with fingering

From: Tomas Valusek
Subject: Re: Problem with fingering
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 20:20:34 +0100

Hello,

thanks for solution. It's great to have any solution. Could anyone please send it into LSR for future reference?

Nevertheless, I consider it as a temporary solution. I'm a visually impaired teacher and I'm about to use LilyPond for providing fingering of played pieces for my pupils. So as I'm a piano teacher, I'm about to bump into fingering of chords containing seconds quite often. Every GUI notator which supports fingerings has a way for easy input of chord fingerings stacked vertically. It would be nice to have such behavior in LilyPond too, since the suggested hack will greatly reduce readability of notation sources, which can be used also as a source of music for blind musicians, who are used to read sequential representation of music.

Tomas Valusek

Trevor Daniels napsal(a):
It would be nice if LilyPond were able to resolve every possible
fingering configuration optimally, but it is a complex problem.

Generally, the options available work pretty well, and when they
don't there is the possibility to tweak the positions of individual
fingerings to your liking. Like this:

\relative c' {
  \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)
  <c-1 d-\tweak #'extra-offset #'(0 . 0.7)-2 a'-5>4
  \set fingeringOrientations = #'(down)
  <c-1 d-\tweak #'extra-offset #'(-1.2 . 0)-2 a'-5>4
  \set fingeringOrientations = #'(down right up)
  <c-1 d-\tweak #'extra-offset #'(-1.2 . 1)-2 a'-5>4
  \set fingeringOrientations = #'(up)
  <c-1 d-\tweak #'extra-offset #'(-1.2 . 0)-2 a'-5>4
}

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Stocker" <address@hidden>