Newbie question: Brief alternative lyrics-and-notes during repeat

From: aliteralmind
Subject: Newbie question: Brief alternative lyrics-and-notes during repeat
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:25:35 -0800 (PST)

How do you create lyrics for some brief alternative notes existing in
repeated sections (when there are not enough notes to justify duplicating
the section)? Here is a demonstration picture of what I am trying to do:

http://jeffyepstein.com/tmp/alternative_lyrics.gif

The red is what I can't figure, either with or without a second-verse of
lyrics. I cannot seem to add anything else without causing a problem. The
below lilypond code is a demonstration of my problem.

Thank you for any advice. I am new to LilyPond, but I'm a programmer and
have an excellent first impression of it--and I was going to spend 90 bucks,
when this is free??!!

\version "2.12.2"

\relative c'' {
   \time 4/4
        \repeat volta 2 {  c4 b a g  }
        \repeat volta 2 {  f4 e d c  }
        \repeat volta 2 {  c'4 b a <<
                \override Stem #'direction = #UP
                   {  g4  }
                \\
                \teeny
           \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #1.7
                \override Stem #'direction = #DOWN
                \override Stem #'length = #4
                   {  g16 a g8  }
        >>}
        \repeat volta 2 {  c,4 e <<
                \override Stem #'direction = #UP
                   {  g4 c4  }
                \\
                \teeny
           \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #1.7
                \override Stem #'direction = #DOWN
                \override Stem #'length = #4
                   {  g8 g8 c4  }
        >>}
}
\addlyrics { do ti la so fa mi ray do do ti la }