Newbie question: brief alternative notes-and-lyrics in repeat

From: Jeff Epstein
Subject: Newbie question: brief alternative notes-and-lyrics in repeat
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 06:58:21 -0800 (PST)

How do you create lyrics for brief alternative notes, existing in repeated sections (when there are not enough notes to justify duplicating the entire section)? Here is a demonstration picture of what I am trying to do:

http://jeffyepstein.com/tmp/alternative_lyrics.gif

The red is what I can't figure, either with or without a second-verse of lyrics. I cannot seem to add anything else without causing a problem. Below is the lilypond code for the above image. Thank you for any advice.

(I am new to LilyPond, but I'm a programmer and have an excellent first impression--and I was going to spend 90 bucks, when this is free??!!
)

\version "2.12.2"

\relative c'' {
   \time 4/4
    \repeat volta 2 {  c4 b a g  }
    \repeat volta 2 {  f4 e d c  }
    \repeat volta 2 {  c'4 b a <<
        \override Stem #'direction = #UP
           {  g4  }
        \\
        \teeny
       \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #1.7
        \override Stem #'direction = #DOWN
        \override Stem #'length = #4
           {  g16 a g8  }
    >>}
    \repeat volta 2 {  c,4 e <<
        \override Stem #'direction = #UP
           {  g4 c4  }
        \\
        \teeny
       \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #1.7
        \override Stem #'direction = #DOWN
        \override Stem #'length = #4
           {  g8 g8 c4  }
    >>}
}
\addlyrics { do ti la so fa mi ray do do ti la }

Jeff
address@hidden
http://jacob.jeffyepstein.com