Re: Repeat in the middle of a measure

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Repeat in the middle of a measure
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 20:50:08 +0100

I guess you have several voices or even several staves involved in your piece. Note that the \repeat volta command should be inserted
in all voices of music and also have to appear at exactly the same
place in all the voices. If you don't manage to figure out what the problem is, please send
a complete (but small) example.

  /Mats

Quoting Tim Slattery <address@hidden>:

Tim Slattery <address@hidden> wrote:

I've tried putting \repeat \volta 1{ in that spot and } at the end of
the piece. I get a thick bar line with a colon, and the corresponding
end repeat sign at the end of the piece. OK, but then there's another
begin-repeat symbol 4 measures after the one I specified and 4
measures before the end of the piece. Where did that come from?

OK, I've switched to a more normal style (although I'd still like to
get the more traditional style). The input for the section is question
is:

\repeat volta 2 {c4 g8 g4 b8 |
c4 d8 e4 c8 | f4 d8 e4 c8 | b2 r8 e8 | c4 a8 g4 g8 | a4 f8 f4 d8 |
e4 c8 g'4 b,8 |} \alternative { {<<e2 c2>> r8 g'8} {<<e1. c1.>>} }

I get the repeat at the beginning, just as it should be, and two
endings at the end, as it should be. But the second ending has a
second, empty measure. Why? And there's still an extra begin-repeat
bar after the 4th measure (b2 r8 e8). I cannot see any reason whatever
for that to appear.

--
Tim Slattery
address@hidden