Can't get it to look like I want it to

From: Tim Slattery
Subject: Can't get it to look like I want it to
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:58:52 -0500

I still can't get my output to look the way I want it to.Maybe
Lilypond just doesn't do this.

Traditional Sacred Harp music uses four dots, one between each line,
for a repeat symbol. It looks just like what you get when you specify
\bar":". The beginning of a repeat often starts in the middle of a
measure, and I've gotten that effect by doing this (in a 6/8 song):

| g2 \bar ":" r8 g8 |

I don't know why it doesn't complain about the wrong number of beats
in a measure, but it doesn't.

The other end of the repeat is at the end of a measure, so it should
like the \bar":" symbol immediately followed by a normal bar line. And
that I cannot do.

--
Tim Slattery
address@hidden