How do I get initial grace note after time and key signatures?

From: Bill Moran
Subject: How do I get initial grace note after time and key signatures?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 02:18:38 +0000 (UTC)

> I'm not top-posting
How do I get initial grace note after time and key signatures?
A short example:
  %}

  \version "2.12.0"  % necessary for upgrading to future LilyPond versions.
  \header{
    title = "Initial grace note test"
    }
  global= {
    \time 4/4
    \key f \major
    }
   Flute = \new Voice \relative c'' {
     \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Flute "
     \clef treble

  \grace { a'8 }
  a'16 r r r r4 r2 \bar ":|"
  }
  \score {
    \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff << \global \Flute >>

    \layout { }
    \midi { }
   }

I'm trying to start a piece with a grace note (or accacciatura) but the grace
note always comes before the time and key signatures.  For that matter,
there's an extra time signature too!
Thanks very much - Bill Moran
bill at billbassoon.com