Re: Drum writing...is there a way to save and recall custom commands?

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: Drum writing...is there a way to save and recall custom commands?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:40:55 +0000

RandomLilyPondUser wrote:
I'm writing drum scores, and it takes a lot of copy and pasting for flams,
ruffs, and gracenotes.
For example, every time I need a flam, I have to paste this entire code:

\override Stem #'length = #4
\acciaccatura {sn8}
\revert Stem #'length
sn4

is there a way I can make a pointer to the code so I can type in something
like snflam that will call those lines
of code, so I don't have to paste all that stuff for every flam?

I think you can simply define 'snflam' like so:

snflam =
{
\override Stem #'length = #4
\acciaccatura {sn8}
\revert Stem #'length
sn4
}

..and then use it like this:

\snflam

when you would formerly type all that stuff you were doing before.

-David