Re: also, lyric help

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: also, lyric help
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:50:48 -0000

James, you wrote Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:26 PM

Of course I had to finish engraving a piece of music where I had to have 22 lyrics contexts because I couldn't figure a neat way of keeping the proper voice contexts alive in order to figure out a way to actually keep the voice contexts alive. It was far simpler than I thought.
\version "2.12.2"
dontDie = {
   <<
      \context Voice = AAA { s1*5}
      \context Voice = BBB { s1*5}

}
music = \transpose c c' {
   \context Voice = AAA {
      \voiceOneStyle
      c4 d e f
   }
   \context Voice = BBB {
      \voiceTwoStyle
      g a b c
   }
   \context Voice = AAA { c1 }
   \context Voice = BBB { c1 }
   \context Voice = AAA { c1 }
}

\score {
   \new Staff <<
      \dontDie
      \music

}

That's a neater way of doing it.  Perhaps I'll
adopt this as the example that is going in the
docs.

Thanks

Trevor