Re: strange programming error for strange glyph

From: Tim Slattery
Subject: Re: strange programming error for strange glyph
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:14:03 -0500

address@hidden wrote:

>Hello,
>  This file is my orchestration assignment. But I can't continue, because...
> Please see the programming errors in the log file. I looked through the
> file, but it seems no error. What's wrong with my file?

> programming error: FT_Get_Glyph_Name () error: invalid argument

I just stumbled onto this error message in the manual. On page 330 it
says:

<QUOTE>
If a LilyPond input file containing a non-ASCII character is not saved
in UTF-8 format the error message
FT_Get_Glyph_Name () error: invalid argument

will be generated
</QUOTE>

Check the menus in your text editor for an option to save your file in
UTF-8 format. Sometimes it's a drop-down box in the Save dialog.

If your text editor won't do it, google for free text editors. There
are many that will do this.

--
Tim Slattery
address@hidden