Re: Cannot correctly code this rhythm...

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: Cannot correctly code this rhythm...
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:12:42 +1000

M Watts wrote:
Mats Bengtsson wrote:
RandomLilyPondUser wrote:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22066496/snip.png One more question - how do I make a staff with only one line with notes
above and below like that?

Rhythmicstaff only allows notes on the line, on my drumstaff, I tried \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-count = #1
but it did nothing.

Any help is appreciated, thank you
I think you should be able to figure it out yourself, using the knowledge you can obtain in the Learning Manual. Hint: the drum staff is not handled by a "Staff" context but by something else.

  /Mats

I shouldn't do this, but bigger hint: a drum staff is, funnily enough, handled by DrumStaff.

doh, just remembered: when using a single line drum staff, you need to \override BarLine #'bar-size = #4 or similar value, in the approriate context, or you won't see any barlines.