Re: Strange output from convert-ly

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Strange output from convert-ly
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:31:41 +0100

2009/2/18 Robin Bannister <address@hidden>:
> Mats Bengtsson wrote:
>>
>>  try to nail down which conversion rule
>
> The rule for 2.1.27 (re tuning) prints this.

I've found that this minimal file

%%%%%%

\version "1.5.68"
\property Staff.transposing = #-2

%%%%%%

gives this when converted:

%%%%%%

5 [0, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9] 10 1 5
\version "2.12.0"
\transposition ais

%%%%%%

At the same time I am very sorry to say that the original version of
the file is so old that makes it an absolute pain to update. :-(

What really concerns me is the possibility that a massive loss of
information could be happening in mutopiaproject, for example.

A large collection of music that I'd like to update, is the Tomás Luis
de Victoria files of Nancho Álvarez, tomasluisdevictoria.org, which
contains hundreds of renaissance scores. The worst part is to locate
_every_ occurrence of a tie in the music, and delete the
no-longer-needed skip in the lyrics accordingly.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org