Re: svg export

From: François Labadens
Subject: Re: svg export
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:26:24 +0100

I opened my document with Inkscape 0.46. And then exported to Cairo PDF.
The main problem is that I can't install the .otf fonts in Windows: "the font file is maybe dammaged"...
The attached svg file renders only some lines in my Inkscape or Firefox... I'm going to test it with Ubuntu 8.10.
thanks for your help!

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Patrick McCarty <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 1:53 PM, François Labadens
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Here is the result. I think some fonts are missing...  Windows refuses to
> install the .otf fonts of Lilypond. Is it a reason ?

Did you try manually installing the fonts in Windows?  You might have
to.  On GNU/Linux, you can put copies of the OTF fonts in ~/.fonts and
then run fc-cache.

I see this PDF was created with Cairo.  Did you print to PDF using Firefox?

As far as I know, Firefox does not read the `style' attribute for any
element in an SVG document.  I've done numerous tests, and the only
way I can get LilyPond's SVG output to render decently with Firefox is
by using standalone style attributes (like font-family="...") instead
of bundling everything into a style attribute.

I plan on fixing this in the future.  When you manage to install
LilyPond's .otf fonts on your system, see if the attached SVG file
renders correctly for you.  It renders decently in Firefox 3.

I would also recommend testing with Inkscape.

-Patrick