Re: Cannot correctly code this rhythm...

From: M Watts
Subject: Re: Cannot correctly code this rhythm...
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 22:10:36 +1000

RandomLilyPondUser wrote:
I figured out the problem, and that code does work, it just didn't work under
my score, paper, layout, or drumstaff section.  I simply had to put it under
the function being called in the drumstaff section.

I only have two problems left:
1) since there is only one line on the staff, the bars between the measures
don't show, how do I get them back?
2) the measures aren't evenly spaced out, how do I make them all the same
size?
           I've tried these lines of code:
                    \override Score.SpacingSpanner #'strict-note-spacing =
##t \set Score.proportionalNotationDuration =
#(ly:make-moment 1 16)
           but not all measures are evenly sized, some are fatter,
especially those with many septuplets/32nd notes.

Besides saying "read the manual", which I've already waded through many
times, could anyone provide some constructive help?   Either give me a "look
at this page" or simply posting the code snippet would save much
frustration.

Here's how I'd do the OP example, incorporating your flam macro from another thread:

-----------------------------------
\version "2.12.2"

qBeam = {
 #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 8 * *) 1 4 'Staff)
 #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 8 * *) 2 4 'Staff)
}

snflam = \drummode {
 \override Stem #'length = #4.5
 \acciaccatura {sn8}
 \revert Stem #'length
}

tomflam = \drummode {
 \override Stem #'length = #4.5
 \acciaccatura {toml8}
 \revert Stem #'length
}

global = {
 \time 3/4
\set beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 16) \set subdivideBeams = ##t }

test = \drummode {
 \qBeam

\tomflam sn8-> sn8:32 ~ \stemDown \times 2/3 {toml16 sn toml} \tomflam sn16. toml32 \times 2/3 {sn16 toml sn} \snflam toml8

\tomflam sn8-> sn8:32 ~ \stemDown \times 2/3 {toml16 sn toml} \tomflam sn16. toml32 \times 2/3 {sn16 toml sn} \snflam toml8
}

\score {

 \new DrumStaff { \global \test }
\layout {
   \context {
     \DrumStaff
     \override StaffSymbol #'line-count = #1
\override BarLine #'bar-size = #4 % you need this to see the barlines on a single-line drum staff
   }
 } % close layout
} % close score

For a drum part with two lines of notes, I'd do it this way; the \voiceOne and \voiceTwo automatically take care of stem directions.

\version "2.12.2"

up = \drummode { notes go here }

down = \drummode { notes go here }

\score {
  \new DrumStaff
  <<
     \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \up }
     \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \down }

  \layout { include the stuff from the above example, if necessary }